Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent Join Forces


Network companies Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent have confirmed their merger. Company representatives have commented that the two large network companies complement each other and the merger will further improve their geographical position in Europe, USA and Asia. The companies have signed a letter of intent on the merger. The new company’s name will be Nokia, the headquarters will be in Finland and the CEO and the chairman of the board will be from Nokia.

Nokia stockholders will own 66.5 % of the new company and Alcatel-Lucent stockholders the remaining 33.5 %. The merger awaits the approval of Nokia stockholders and competition authorities.(Source:, 15.4.2015)

News archive